1790 LaVista Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30329

HomeNews Participate Partners About FAQs Contact

Frequently Asked Questions

Where is your office located?
1790 Lavista Road, NE Atlanta, GA 30329. We are located on the property of St. Bartholomew’s Episcopal Church about seven miles northeast of downtown Atlanta in the Clairmont-Briarcliff-LaVista area of unincorporated DeKalb County. We are about 2 miles
north of Emory University and the Centers for Disease Control
and Prevention.
We are on MARTA Bus Route 30, on LaVista Rd between
North Druid Hills Rd and Briarcliff Rd near Carolyn Dr.
Follow the church entrance driveway through the parking lot
to the white building located behind the church. Look for our sign

What are your office hours?
We are open from 1-4 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
No appointment is necessary.

Is the donation I make tax deductible?
THCA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation registered with the IRS and contributions to our organization qualify as a charitable donation.

How do I qualify for help with my utility bills?
You must visit the office and complete a request form in writing. You must bring a copy of your past due electricity, gas or water bill, and a picture ID. The bill must be in the applicant’s name. We can only assist with past due bills. Assistance for utility bills is provided by check from THCA sent directly to the utility company. We do not provide cash, money orders, or other forms of payments.

What communities do you provide assistance for?
Currently we are only able provide financial assistance for residents living in the 30002, 30021, 30030, 30032, 30033, 30079, 30306, 30307, 30317, 30319, 30324, 30329, 30340, 30341, 30345 zip code areas. Exceptions are made for people 65 or older, Veterans or People who are homeless. We offer assistance from our food pantry to anyone who needs it, as often as once every 7 days.

How often can THCA provide assistance?
We have a limit of financial assistance of once per month, up to a maximum of $150 per calendar year. Food can be provided on an as-needed basis as often as once a week. The food pantry is available to anyone in need, regardless of where they live.

How do I get assistance with food or other perishable needs?
THCA has a food pantry available to provide emergency assistance for those needing food supplies. We keep canned meats, vegetables, starches, along with breads and other items. THCA also keeps prepared canned foods for applicants who may have limited or no cooking facilities. THCA is often able to help those who have special dietary needs, including baby foods. An application and picture ID are required to receive this assistance.

back to the top >